Mac OS newsreader utilities
I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
Support this site:
- NewsHunter 3 "NewsHunter3 is an online/offline news reader that supports real time article queueing, 'virtual servers', automatic or manual assembly and decoding of binary files including yEnc. The Server List window monitors all news readers. This means you can reduce NewsHunter3 to a single window which displays all activity for all connections."
- Internet Config 2.0.2 used by most newsreaders (in fact by most internet clients of whatever sort).
- MacSlurp downloads news from specified newsgroups.
by Hi Resolution will convert news to HTML or distribute news via e-mail.
- NNTP Sucker will suck all newsgroups selected by a Groups file from the NNTP server selected. It will also post any new messages it finds.
- News Archiver by Jerry Stratton and Negative Space takes the output from NNTPSucker and archives each message into a folder based on the newsgroup name and the subject.
- Online X-Face Convertor
- Saving Face by Simon Fraser lets you create and display X-Faces. MacSOUP, MT-NW and YA-NW will display incoming X-Faces. X-Faces are
headers in messages that contain small graphic images. Thus different users can have different images associated with them.
- SlashDock "is a simple Mac OS X Application that fetches and updates headlines for the lastest postings on slashdot -compatible sites and RSS-compatible sites (aka RDF) like BluesNews.com . Updates are obtained automatically, if new articles are available, the dock icon will flash with an image representing the article 'topic'. Selecting an article from the dock menu will take you directly to that article in your preferred web browser. SlashDock can also access eBay bid information & now Google Newsgroups!"
- TechSono TestServer lets you test your news server connection
- X-FaceDraw by Francine Smit. "With X-Facedraw you can draw, alter, save your own X-Face."
- XFacer for making X-Faces which some newsreaders display.
contains two scripts for those who use both YA-Newswatcher (or
MT-NewsWatcher) and Eudora. One
transfers YA-NW/MT-NW messages to your Eudora in box, the other lets you make
Eudora nicknames from YA-NW/MT-NW messages. Thanks to John Delacour for the
crucial parts of the nickname script.
- Cocoa NewsPost by FOR neXtSoft "not only posts your files but will generate checksums and PAR files so that your post comes out usable on the other end. All you need is material, Cocoa NewsPost will do the rest."
- Diiva is a picture only newsreader. For a small monthly fee, you can get previews of images from their preview servers.
- iGrabNews by Samuel Lellouche "is a Fast, Efficient, and Simple Binary News grabber for Mac OS X"
- iPrawn is not ready yet.
- Ibis by NoName Scriptware "is an AppleScript that will auto-post files to newsgroups using Thoth for OS X. Just drop a folder onto the Ibis icon to start posting the contents of that folder to your favorite newsgroup. You can also specify a folder by double-clicking on the Ibis icon. Jaguar compatible. Requires OSX, Thoth, and the 24U Appearance OSAX (included)."
- KneePost "makes
posting binaries using the MacOS/Classic version of Thoth
easier with drag and drop."
- newslite is a UNIX/LINUX command line tool to download from newsgroup and decode multipart and monopart yENC encoded files.
- Osiris "A drag and drop application to post a folder or folders of files to specified newgroups using MT-NewsWatcher or Thoth. OS X only." Supports yenc encoding.
- PictureSnooper by QSys Software will
automatically download pictures (as well as applications and HTML files)
from the newsgroups you specify.
- PixMachineMac or PixNewsMacFREE by TechSono for downloading and viewing binaries.
- Rosetta is
a simple droplet designed to decode MIME Base64 (including
AppleSingle and AppleDouble), BinHex, MacBinary (including
MacBinary III), and uuencoded files that are dropped upon it.
This is intended as a helper application for decoding usenet
- YA-AutoPoster by Bryon Nelson works with YA-NW 3.1.8 and higher to facilitate posting a number of binaries to a Usenet newsgroup.
NewsRover: for discussion groups and binaries!
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.