Server diagnostic tools
I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
- MailSizr (Win) "is a Performance Analysis and Sizing framework for servers hosting Mail Applications conforming to popular Internet Protocol specifications (RFCs). MailSizr helps the Architect/System Engineer to easily characterize the Performance, Scalability and Sizing of [POP/IMAP/SMTP/NNTP]. Application developers (who develop mail-enabled applications) use MailSizr to engineer high-performance applications."
- nntpbench (Unix/Linux) by Kenichi Okada to test your server.
- NewsMon (Perl) "NewsMon is a system to check the complete path of your USENET news system."
- Sun Internet Services Monitor "software monitors the way ISP Internet services perform and appear to your customers. It measures the performance of six Internet protocols -- HTTP, IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, NNTP, LDAP (v2 and v3) -- and reports on performance metrics. Sun Internet Services Monitor gives you the information you need to take action before a service fails or degrades to an unacceptable level."
- GroupSTAT (Perl) by Alex LaHurreau "generates statistics from a local Usenet news spool"
- Statnews (Perl) by Davide Salvetti "extracts some useful statistics out of a newsgroup. This program may be useful to analyze newsgroups with respect to authors, messages lenght and frequency, and so on."
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.