Other news servers
I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
News Servers (which talk to readers):
- BeNewsd: by Zippysoft, for Be.
- Newsbase: E-mail/News server for the Acorn RISC OS
- NewsDaemon and NewsAdmin for Be by The Abstract Company.
- Papercut: main purpose is to interface with Python Webboard Phorum to provide NNTP access, but is not limited to that.
- Webcrossing: Web board that provides NNTP connection.
News Server Utilities:
- CoffeeLink News Server by Burton Computer Corporation is a Java news server that will serve private groups via nntp.
- JOS NNTP Daemon (sourceforge) Java. "A fully functional NNTP Daemon with in the future full Pull/Push newsfeed support"
- NewsServlet by Allaire is a Java Module for it's JRun application, allowing reading/posting via to an nntp server via a web browser.
- nntp//rss from Methodize Solutions "is a Java-based bridge between RSS feeds and NNTP clients, enabling you to read your favorite RSS syndicated content within your existing NNTP newsreader. RSS feeds are represented as NNTP newsgroups, providing a simple, straightforward and familiar environment for news reading."
- package Acme.Nnrpd by ACME Labs. "This package is a multi-threading netnews reading server. The main class, Nnrpd, can be run as a command-line application to service multiple NNTP readers simultaneously."
- Spaniel: news server for all platforms that support Java 1.02. Provides WWW echo.
- Zeno by Autonomous intelligent Systems (AiS) "is a mediation system, i.e. a discussion forum with special support for deliberation, the process of discussing, arguing and negotiating issues of practical importance. Zeno provides particular support to the trusted third parties responsible for moderating these kinds discussions. The Zeno server is a Java application for the World Wide Web which enables and facilitates moderated issue-based discussion forums in a secure environment. Zeno discussion forums are well integrated with a workspace facility for sharing classified documents." Supports web and nntp access to discussions. Current version 1.9 can be hosted on their machines. Version 2.0 will be available for download under GNU.
- TunnelKing by SpanielSoftware allows a passage through the corporate firewall without breaching existing security. It allows non-web communication through firewalls configured to allow only web communication, and without breaking the rules set by the firewall administrator. It lets the administrator keep security tight without restricting services to corporate employees. Tunnel King currently supports USENET and other NNTP news servers, mail (both SMTP and POP3) as well as simple text-based communication such as chat systems. Other protocols can be written to order.
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.