NewsRover: for discussion groups and binaries!
I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
Many perl scripts are located in other categories of this site.
Modules: (all in this CPAN category)
- Apache::NNTPGateway by Boubaker
- News::Article by Andrew Gierth. "Designed originally as part of the management code for the proposed mod.* Usenet hierarchy, this module is primarily geared to handling Usenet articles for moderation, mail-to-news or news-to-mail purposes (but that doesn't rule out other uses). It includes partial support for PGP authentication using either the PGPMoose (v1.1) or signcontrol protocols. Also includes News::FormArticle, News::AutoReply and News::FormReply."
- News::Gateway is a perl module by Russ Allbery. "News::Gateway is a general toolkit for mail to news and news to mail gatewaying, robomoderation, and human moderation support. It's a Perl module designed to be as extensible and general as possible, and to provide a framework and a way of collecting previous work so that each person who wants to do things like the above doesn't have to reinvent the wheel."
- News::Newsrc by Steven McDougall manages newsrc files
- News::NNTP Client by Rodger V. Anderson. "
This module implements a client interface to NNTP, enabling a Perl 5
application to talk to NNTP servers. It uses the OOP (Object Oriented
Programming) interface introduced with Perl 5."
- News::Scan by Greg Bacon. "newsgroup statistics library"
- Fetch-Unanswered by Ronald Schmidt. "Retrieve articles from to which no reply has yet been posted." (cpan)
- hgrep by Eli the Bearded. " grep through RFC822-style headers, skipping body part of message."
- is-newsgroup by Gossamer "contacts your newsserver and prints all newsgroups
whose names match the pattern specified, along with the number of
messages in each group."
- Murray Peterson's scripts
- Perl script to do a quick test of a news server for a given newsgroup.
- Perl script to download binaries from news servers (with fancy filtering)
- miscellaneous scripts
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.