I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
Spam tools: (server based)
- BOURSY By Usenet Cabal. Batch Oriented Usenet Retroactive Spam Yanker lets you run Highwind-style filters on INN and Collabra. Uses a newsfeed, requires no patches or embedded perl. For traditional-style spools (INN 1.x) only.
- Cleanfeed by Jeremy Nixon is implemented in Perl, and supports INN 1.5.1 and later, Cyclone, Typhoon and Breeze from Highwind Software, and NNTPRelay servers.
- narf from UToronto is a program that allows you to despam incoming Usenet newsfeeds under CNews, rejecting spam before it reaches relaynews and is filed into the news spool
- News Shogun from Panix is a post-filter for INN and Typhoon
- XPat News Spam filters for Cyclone
- Stopspam.org's list of news server patches
- Newsbot "is a set of scripts and programs weeding the lists of "open newsservers" found on the 'net and validating them. If a open server is found, a mail is sent out to its admin, telling him which consequences running a open sever could result into and helping him to close his server agains misuse. Next, the server is added to the list of open servers and availiable to admins and de-spammers for insertion into their watch- and pathexclude-lists."
NewsRover: for discussion groups and binaries!
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.