I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
- AspNNTP by ServerObjects Inc. "allows you to retrieve and send articles to NNTP servers."
- Crescent Internet Toolpak (ActiveX controls) has a News module: "NNTP - Sharing information and files on news servers using standard protocols. Support for html and file attachments help you build advanced groupware applications."
- Distinct NNTP component by Distinct. Comes in ActiveX or DLL. " The Distinct NNTP component allows you to read, post or list news items in your application. You will be able to navigate through all the available network news groups on a server and to retrieve or post news articles... SOCKS support is embedded so that users can connect from the local machine to the remote server through a firewall proxy." This one is 32-bit, but they have an older version for Windows 3.1.
- DougNews.NNTP is "an NNTP client class for .net. It is written entirely in C#. The project is nearly completed. All that's missing of course is documentation.
- Dundas Mailer Control "is a free commercial email control which utilizes the SMTP and NNTP protocols to send email messages and post news articles. It has been designed for use within Active Server Pages (ASP) and can be used by any person or organization that is hosting web sites using Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS)."
- FastNet by NetMasters
- Indy by Chad Z. Hower for Windows/Linux. "Complete internet (including NNTP support) for Delphi, C++ Builder and Kylix!"
- Internet Professional by Hallogram (or by Turbo Power. "Internet Professional, or just iPRO for short, is a full-featured collection of native VCL components providing Internet connectivity for applications developed with 32-bit versions of Borland Delphi and C++Builder. iPRO components compile directly into your application's executable file and include full source code. Features include Internet messaging components supporting POP3, SMTP, and NNTP"
- Internet-Toolkit for 4D (Mac or Win)
- Max-IP by Visionary Business Systems. ActiveX controls. TCP/UDP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, NNTP, PING, MIME, UUEncode, Talk, Finger, Gopher, Time, Whois, and more.
- mime++ by Hunnysoft. "is a C++ class library for parsing, creating, and editing messages in MIME format." SMTP, POP, and NNTP protocols.
- NEWS/X by Mabry. "Mabry's News/X OCX and COM objects provide a powerful and flexible way to handle news (NNTP) messages. Advanced features, such as XOver headers, are fully supported. And News/X's Groups objects which contain Articles objects, which in turn contain Articles, make managing groups and articles very easy. Entire sets of articles for any group can easily be downloaded, and left untouched in that Group as other groups are accessed."
- News-Controls by Uwe Keller. The NNTP-control is the main control of the set. It handles the basic communication between the news server and the client. The control works asynchrony so every command will be completed by a special event.
NNTP communication in accordance with public standards
including some extended NNTP commands. MIME-Control: The MIME-control allows to encode or decode binaries supposed to be issued via NNTP. It supports the most common algorithms and is very fast. MULTINNTP-Control:
This control is very helpful if you want to write a multi-threaded newsreader. Because of its very view commands it is very easy to use, too. You just have to put as much commands as you like into the commands-queue and wait for completion.
- NEWSSERVER/X by Mabry. "The NewsServer/X component implements server-side communication based on the NNTP protocol. It allows Retrieval and Posting of News articles. The component allows complete arranging and management of Newsgroups. Once users connect to your server, events are fired to retrieve articles from your database, post new articles, check headers, etc. It is up to you whether you store articles in one file, separate files, databases, etc., as long as you keep track of them."
- NNTP Component by /n software inc. " is used to read and post articles on Usenet news servers."
- Nntp Control by Dundas
- nntpobjects are c++ classes that encapsulate the data and functions neccessary to rapidly create NNTP clients. nntpobjects can be the basis for full scale NNTP client programs or for simple NNTP utilities. nntpsobjects are designed with ease of use in mind. Anyone with the slightest experience with C++ and object oriented programming should be able to implement useful NNTP programs within minutes using the nntpobjects API ... Although nntpobjects can be used for text based news reading, they are designed with the binary downloader in mind and focus on many of the issued faced by those who search for, download and collect binaries from usenet. There is also a Pike version.
- SocketTools Secure Enterprise Edition "is a collection of components that supports secure data connections over the Internet or a local network. It offers the best of both worlds for the corporate developer who needs visual controls for rapid application development, as well as the power and flexibility of dynamic-link libraries for developing core application systems. With 32-bit ActiveX controls and dynamic link libraries (DLLs), the Secure Enterprise Edition is suitable for use with virtually any Windows development environment or scripting tools. Included are secure application protocols such as the FTPS, HTTPS, SMTPS, POP3S, NNTPS and TelnetS."
- IP*Works! Java Edition by /n software "Pure JavaBeans for Internet Programming. The very same components as in other editions of IP*Works!, translated in Pure Java for extreme portability accross platforms." Includes NNTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP and others.
- NetComponents "is a Java package that allows easy access to the most commonly used Internet protocols. It provides support for FTP, NNTP, SMTP, POP3, Telnet, TFTP, Finger, Whois, and other frequently used Internet protocols as well as BSD R command support, including rexec, rcmd/rshell and rlogin."
- NNTP Server "Recently, Robert Uomini wrote this offline NNTP server class and shared it with the JDC. Basically, the attached code simulates a simple NNTP server that provides offline newsreader support to WebReader."
NewsRover: for discussion groups and binaries!
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.