Windows international newsreaders
NewsRover: for discussion groups and binaries!
I hope you will try Giganews or UsenetServer for your news subscription -- especially as a holiday present for your friends, family, or yourself!
- CrossPoint (XP) Original version by Peter Mandrella, who ceased development and published the source code at the end of 1999. CrossPoint is an offline reader for DOS from Germany that has also english resource files, so that it is possible for international users to use it without difficulties. Furthermore it's being developed by several development teams. CrossPoint always needs a client/converter for different types of access: BBS (Fido, QWK and some other german-based systems) and internet access with SMTP, POP3 and NNTP. These clients come either for DOS (UKA_PPP, UKAD), Win9x (UKAW, XPNews, VSOUP and others), OS/2 or Linux. CrossPoint in its further developed versions (see below) is MIME-aware and - depending on the version - interprets a lot of different charsets (even UTF-7/8).
- FreeXP, maintained by Michael Heydekamp, is likely the most used CrossPoint derivative and is still actively developed. Supports POP, SMTP, and NNTP.
- OpenXP Crosspoint Projekt Homepage
- Pimmy by Geminisoft does mail and news. Also can chat with Pimmy users on the same LAN. " Pimmy is less then 400K and the program consists in only one executable file. The program itself and all the documentation in HTLM format are contained in a compressed .zip file less than 200K. Pimmy has been written using C++ language with no external libraries, so it is very fast and small. Pimmy takes advantage of multithreading (more tasks of the same process executed at the "same" time) so many operations are faster. In addition all operations do not "block" the user interface, so the user can always stop Pimmy."
- Datula: by AONO Yuhei (English version forthcoming).
- EdMax: by PemSoft.
- Sweet16: by AyanoAkira.
- Netscape Communicator comes with an e-mail client. Available in Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English UK, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Netscape NOW! Get the CD and Book! (available in same languages as above, as well as US English)
- Opera international downloads
- Microsoft: (I'm sure there are many more -- please let me know the links)
- Go to Microsoft.com and find the international page of your choice.
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009.
Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC.
The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character,
"NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder",
the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read.
Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC.
All other marks belong to their respective owners.